Having opened on September 29, 2011, the annual Film Festival runs till October 14, 2011. And the SSEA Vancouver is planning a visit to it! There are several movies on Egypt for show (four in total):
- 18 Days – http://bit.ly/oebsGC
- Cairo 678 – http://bit.ly/qXj5wZ
- Koran by Heart – http://bit.ly/qw1mwr
- Sira – http://bit.ly/rh0qU7
- 18 Days – Sun Oct 9 at 9.15 pm or Tues Oct 11 at Noon
- Cairo 678 – Sat Oct 1 at Noon; Mon Oct 3 at 4.20 pm or Wed Oct 5 at 9.15 pm
- Koran by Heart – Sat, Oct 1 at 3.20 pm; Sat Oct 8 at 1 pm or Thu Oct 13 at 6.40 pm
- Sira – Sat Oct 1 at 6.45 pm or Wed Oct 5th at 10.40 am
- Regular – $ 12 (HST included)
- Weekday Matinee – $ 10 (before 6 pm, Thanksgiving Monday excluded)
- Seniors – $ 10 (65 and older)
Students can also get a package deal. More details here.
As we just had our lecture, we are aiming to visit the VIFF in the later part.
October 13, 2011 at 6.40 pm
Koran by Heart
Empire Granville 7 – 855 Granville Street – on Google Maps
We are planning to meet at 6.15 pm before the movie and if enough people show interest – that is 10 or more peoples – we would be eligible for a group discount. Get in touch with us, use the Contact form or any means necessary to let us know you want to come, and we’ll see what we can do.
We look forward to seeing you. Some of us are also going tomorrow (Saturday, October 1, 2011) to see some films, so contact us beforehand!
- Please consult http://www.viff.org/ for venue information.