The topic of mummification always attracts visitors regardless of age or gender. It has beheld the fascination of people for centuries and this exhibit gives a detailed account of this very popular topic. Running till the end of September 2011, we are planning a visit there on the 2nd of September. We will be going down for one day.
Date and Time
Friday, September 2, 2011
- 7 am – meet at UBC or make your own way to Tacoma
- 12 pm – arrive in Tacoma and Meet-n-Greet
- 12 pm – 2 pm – time in exhibit
- 2 pm – 3.15 pm – free time (including Lunch)
- 3.30 pm – 4.30 pm – Pre-Pub talk entitled “Offerings to the Gods: The Egyptian Goddess of Beer”
- 5 pm – dinner
- 6.30 pm – leave for Vancouver
The Pre-Pub talk is led by exhibit curator Stephanie Lile and will focus on ancient beer making as well as several mythological mysteries.. [More details]
Washington State History Museum
1911 Pacific Avenue
The museum visit is not free, unfortunately.
- Adult (18 & over) US$ 8.00
- Senior (60+) US$ 7.00
- Student (6-17 years) US$ 6.00
- Child (5 and under) free
Note: If our group will have more than 15 members, we are eligible for special Group Rates, where it would only be US$ 6.00 per person.
In addition to these entrance costs, expenses for food and transportation would have to be borne by each individual.
We are planning to hire a bus depending on the interest level and as such the cost would increase.
- Washington State Historical Society (WSHS)
- Exhibit Information (@ WSHS)
- Tacoma Regional Convention & Visitor Bureau
Please use the Contact form to let us know of your intention, transportation method and how many people would be interested in going.
Go to Contact form.